Manor Tool & Manufacturing believes customers deserve the finest in tool and die manufacturing. We believe it is an integral part of the manufacturing process. Our eight machining centers create the tooling required for production, supporting one of the largest tool rooms in the greater Chicago area.
These internal machining centers provide the control required to meet the demands of production cycles in today’s just-in-time work environment.
Reasons that Internal Machining Centers Help Meet Production Cycles
Consider the following:
- Lead times and production scheduling. Our in-house machining centers allow us to set and follow your timetable to complete the tooling. Using a secondary source for machining exposes the tool & die company (and the customer) to unplanned delays.
- Better accuracy. Specific tooling requirements for tooling features such as hole size or if the hole is tapped, countersunk, or reamed are programmed by us right off the geometry and done in a single set up. Conveying the same information to an outsourced supplier of machining requires more communication, increasing the potential for error, added scrap, and more re-working to fix mistakes.
- Improved productivity. Keeping all machining in-house prevents issues encountered using a secondary source. There is no downtime because of delays caused by transportation time or supply chain bottlenecks. Employees maintain focus on the customer’s deadline because there is no downtime caused by sending the tool out for machining.
- Maintaining control of the die/tool. There used to be a public service announcement (PSA) that appeared around 10:00 in the evening: “Parents, do you know where your children are?” The PSA implied that children left without supervision might get into trouble. The same implication fits when having your product shipped to a secondary supplier for machining. You may know the tool & die shop, but how well do you know their machining source? Our in-house machining centers eliminate this worry. The bottom line result is the on-time delivery of an accurately made product without the excessive waste associated with outsourced machining.
Manor Tool Machining Centers
Our eight machining centers are housed in two locations:
Manor Tool & Manufacturing headquarters (three machining centers that work primarily on maintaining dies)
- Okuma 3-axis CNC machining center
- VMC Haas VF5
CLL Engineering (five machining centers focus on die production)
- Quantum CNC machining center
- 2 – Okuma 3-axis machining centers
- Haas CNC machining center
- Haas TL-2 CNC lathe
- Versatility in the Machining Center
These machines provide the versatility to accommodate large capacity dies, offer high-speed milling and perform standard CNC machining. Each location emphasizes either production or maintenance support.
However, both locations have the flexibility to do the other’s work in order to meet production needs. A complete list of our tool room equipment is available here:
For more information on our manufacturing processes, or to learn more about Manor’s in-house machining centers, contact your Manor representative today.