Manor Tool delivers full-service custom metal stampings and fabrication services. Our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility in Illinois provides a complete solution from development and prototyping to engineering and manufacturing.
The packaging industry relies on metal stamping and fabrication to manufacture parts that are critical for daily operations. Learn more about our metal stamping and fabrication capabilities, common applications in the packaging industry, and typical materials used.
Packaging Metal Stamping & Fabrication Services
Metal stamping is a vital service for manufacturing components used in the packaging industry. Stamping involves shaping, cutting, and piercing metal workpieces to create complex parts. Manor Tool provides precision metal stamping services compatible with many materials and thicknesses ranging from 0.005 to 0.5 inches. Our stamping equipment can deliver up to 400 tons of force.
Manor Tool’s metal fabrication capabilities include:
One of our most popular fabrication services for the packaging industry is metal bending, a secondary machining process that applies a set amount of force to a metal workpiece and bends it into various shapes and angles. Coining, bottoming, and air bending are three bending techniques commonly used to fabricate components for the packaging industry.
Packaging Parts & Applications Served
Metal fabrication and stamping processes create several key components for the packaging industry:
- Skid brackets: We make metal brackets for packaging skids, load-bearing platforms mounted on vertical supports or runners. Skids are vital to packaging applications.
- Material handling: Equipment used in material handling contains stamped and fabricated metal components. Manor Tool makes parts for material handling carts, pallets, dollies, panel trucks, hand trucks, and shelving.
- Large parts: The packaging industry depends on large custom packaging materials manufactured through metal fabrication and stamping.
At Manor Tool, we manufacture parts for several packaging industry leaders. Our clients include large manufacturers of metal racks, recyclable plastic bins, pallets, containers, warehouse equipment, and shipping supplies.
Common Materials for Packaging
The packaging industry depends on durable, lightweight materials to make transportation efficient. At Manor Tool, we work with a selection of common materials and can source other materials required by our clients. Some of the most popular materials used in the packaging industry include:
- Steel: Steel is a high-strength metal that is inexpensive and easy to solder. It is a popular material for brackets and nameplates due to its durability.
- Stainless steel: Available in a wide range of grades, stainless steel is an alloy containing various amounts of nickel, molybdenum, and chromium. The material features high tensile strength, hardness, corrosion resistance, and temperature tolerance, which are critical characteristics for durable packaging materials.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is a soft metal known for its exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, which is important in packaging materials for shipping that must be strong yet lightweight.
Other materials we work with include brass, beryllium copper, carbon steel, and superalloys.
Choose Packaging Metal Stamping & Fabrication Services at Manor Tool
The packaging industry relies on metal packaging materials and equipment made by metal stamping and metal fabrication services. Manor Tool manufactures various parts for the packaging industry, including skid brackets, equipment for material handling, and oversized components. As a premier packaging materials supplier, we serve industry leaders and offer a wide selection of materials for their specific applications.
Starting as a small tool and die shop in 1959, Manor Tool & Manufacturing Company has been in the manufacturing industry for over 60 years. Our expertise and fleet of equipment have grown to provide an extensive range of manufacturing services. Our specialized, in-house machinery includes surface grinders, CNC milling machines, CAD machines, overhead cranes, and more.
Contact us to learn more about our metal fabrication and stamping services, or request a quote today.