Some of the most intricate steel, aluminum, copper, brass, nickel, and plastic components are created with deep drawn stamping. Even though it’s a highly precise endeavor that requires specific equipment and experience, it’s a simple concept that involves pressing a sheet of metal into a cavity to create the desired shape of the part. The technique gets its name from the fact that the finished product is usually deeper than it is wide. Visit our Deep Drawn Stamping page to view how this process is performed!
At Manor Tool & Manufacturing Company, we work with more than 30 400-ton presses, giving us the capability to produce parts ranging from 0.005 to 0.05 inches in thickness with tight tolerances. We’re committed to quality control and production monitoring to ensure the best products for our customers.
Benefits of Deep Drawn Stamping
There are many advantages, including:
- High Quality Parts: Since they’re created from a single piece of metal, there are no seams, joints, or weak areas.
- Strength and Durability: Stamping the metal increases its strength via strain hardening.
- Cost-Effective Repeatability: The process is especially effective for large runs. Once the dies are created, you can manufacture a high volume of precise components.
- Versatile:Deep drawn stamping is ideal for even the most complex designs.
- Short Lead Time: It’s relatively easy to go from design to production.
- Precise:The tools create accurate cuts and shapes, and since no heat is used in the process, you can avoid warping for greater precision.
- Reduced Waste: A precise, replicable process means you know how much material you’ll need and you can avoid excess scrap metal.
Working With Manor Tool & Manufacturing Company
What started as a small tool and die shop in 1959 has become an ISO 9001:2015-certified leader in metal stamping. Manor Tool can handle both low-volume prototyping and high-volume production, and thanks to our range of equipment in our 44,000-square-foot facility, we can customize your order based on your unique needs.
We’re committed to innovation and the education of the next generation of manufacturers throughout the Chicago area and all over the United States. Visit our Deep Drawn Stamping service page or Contact us to learn more about deep drawn metal stamping and the other services we offer, or request a quote for your next project.